My Last Post...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



...in Malaysia

I'm finally all packed and right now, FedEx is my bestest friend cos they shaved 10 kgs off my check in luggage. I have 2 bags and they are named Itsy and Bitsy respectively because they're quite itsy bitsy for a student leaving home for the first time.

The 20 kg limit was a shock but oh well, I've been so so blessed in other ways and while I know I'm going to miss home so much, I know I'm going to like it there so much too. My journey as a med student is finally opening a new chapter. Now as I look back, I decided to study medicine to find some meaning somewhere but after you get meaning, you get something else called purpose and then you realise its not about me, its not about finding meaning so I'll feel good, its not about securing your future financially but really its all about God, its all about where you are in his plans and its all about including Him in the unique journey He has chosen to bless each and everyone of us with. I guess thats in for now, this is Suet May blogging to you from Malaysia. Its been such a pleasure, till the next time!

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana...

1)Finish up attachment at UMMC (I finished already!!! I really thank God for giving me such an amazing and priceless opportunity)

2) Go down to Singapore (Just got home yesterday on Thursday. I must say... Aeroliner is definitely first class. Its exactly like a plane just that the bus doesn't fly. You get pillows, blankets, hot drinks and even movies! The only thing that annoyed me was the public announcement that was super exaggerated all the time. I had a really wonderful time tumbling about and yeah I ate a lot thanks to Po Po and Auntie Thelma who's main aim for 4 days were to stuff me cos I grew "skinny". I also got my first British Pound, a beautiful Parker pen and lots of other goodies. Thank you Uncle Leng, Mabel Sum sum! Love you all)

3) Be of good help at the Cancer Conference (This is the perfect ending to my never ending attachment. I expected some boring, scientific conference but I am pleasantly surprised that its a lot to do about real issues surrounding survival. I started off being impressed by topshot surgeons, oncologists etc. but in the end, there was not one person in the room who did not agree that the real heroes are the ones with cancer. To be able to hear survivors and persons still battling cancer encouraging us on and speaking up about their experiences has made me even more aware of the other aspect of healthcare. It may not seem important to us med students about the whole empathy jumbo but I realised from the conference, it can make or break a person who already is distressed with cancer but still have to put up seeking help from a "professional" who doesn't care enough. I had a lovely team of volunteers and though I was team leader, I didn't have to do much as they basically run automatically. It was awesome making new aquaintances and not too mention lovely fun and FOOD!)

4) Go back Ipoh (The time I spent in Ipoh was way too short so I had to eat double of everything in double speed to be able to cover most of my favourite foods. However, certain things like Indian Rice and Egg tart still slipped me by. Needless to say it was so, so good. Will blog about it later in Makan Club when I have time. I love my little Ipoh town!)

5) Buy everything I need to take to UK (I think...I have everything except for my checklist which I lost ha ha)

6) Have last meal with friends (Thanks to all of you for making my last few weeks so memorable. Love you all!)


7) Get last two booster japs (I had to wait 2 hours to get this done and practically flipped through all her magazines!!! Looks like my GP has prospered ha ha. It all went smoothly and Hep A, Hep B boosters aren't too painful thank God. The Doc also nicely sent me away with advice and encouragement about being a med student. )

8) Visit the Dentist (Praise God, Dentist was in a good mood. I always pray fervently before I walk in for my appointment. This is to ward off bad moods especially when he's scaling my teeth. Flossing my teeth diligently has paid off and he was done in 20 minutes.)

9) Cut my hair (All my hairstylist said was," The best I can do is a cut which lasts 4 months...")

9) EAT (I definitely acheived this a gazillion %)


0 Responses to “My Last Post...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3