Crazy Guy On A Bike


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I always find it very exciting and a tad weird whenever I find somebody I know in the newspaper or TV or radio so yeah whenever that happens, I get to scream,"Hey! I know this guy!(or gal)" and this morning I did.

It's not like I know him well but its still exciting all the same. We've only played tennis together a couple of times during A'Level days and he was from the American Degree program. He probably doesn't remember me but anyway to Tzuo Hann, Good Luck on Your Mission!

Here's the article from today's Star.

MALAYSIAN CYCLING HOME FROM US
by Audrey Edwards

Law Tzuo Hann has never gone scouting, camping or hiking. He likes cycling but reckons that, like an other average person, he has done about 500km of cycling.

At the Duke University in North Carolina, where Law, 22, graduated in biomedical engineering and economics, it hit him that it would be a great idea to see the world on wheels. He spent his entire fourth year researching for equipment and routes, working on raising money and talking to people who had done similar trips.

And, on May 28, he started from the United States on his great cycling adventure heading back home to Taiping, Perak. He pedalled off from Los Angeles, reaching Washington DC in 38 days, covering a distance of 5,625km.

“Flying does not really count since you experience isolated regions instead of experiencing how they connect to each other,” he said.

“Travelling in a motorised vehicle is common and does not allow you the many nuances of travel like the sounds, smell and contact with people.

“Walking is too slow. I do want to get on with life, so cycling seemed perfect,” he said in a phone interview.

“I like cycling. I have some savings, no girlfriend or job or commitments. It is the best time to do it and here I am,” he said.

He cycles about 150km daily and his daily routine begins between 5.45am and 6.30am, stopping at about 7.30pm. He takes a three-hour break in the middle of the day. Yesterday, he flew to Dublin, Ireland, to begin the European leg of the journey. He has another 15,000km to go.

He said that he would like to see emerging from this adventure was a charitable effort involving international and domestic organisations, and said that matters were being worked out to channel funds to a few such organisations in Malaysia and the Mae Tao Clinic in Myanmar.

For more, check out http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/longwayhome


0 Responses to “Crazy Guy On A Bike”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3