Its over!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Wimbledon is over! I have mixed feelings about it definitely. The Gentlemen's Singles Finals totally outshadowed the Ladies' Finals. I may be a bit biased because I don't like both the ladies but I think everyone who managed to get into Centre Court will agree with me that every single pound they payed for a ticket whether black market or not is 100% worth it.



On Saturday, Venus had a breezy 6-4, 6-1 win over Marion. What makes it special for these 2 players is that almost no one wanted them to win and almost no one thought they could win. Williams explains this by saying,"I was really motivated because no one picked me to win. They didn't even say, 'She can't win.' They weren't even talking about me." Then they both ended up in the finals. Like I said, its tennis, anything can happen.



Come Sunday and this time, although I can't say everybody wanted them to win, its obvious that everyone expected Nadal and Federer to end up in the finals and they did. Nadal in his usual tight-butt-hugging pants and Federer in a old-fashioned white blazer. It was a real fight. 7-6 (7), 4-6, 7-6 (3), 2-6, 6-2 really speaks volumes about how much Nadal has improved and how worthy Federer is of his 5th consecutive Wimbledon Dish


After the epic battle, Bjorn Borg was there to greet Federer in the hallway with a smile, an embrace and a chat. What a beautiful moment when the only 2 men in a hundred years to win Wimbledon 5 times in a row met... its like the Jungle Book ending where Mowgli finally meets another human after all these years. I had goosebumps all over and nearly cried. Tennis is so beautiful.


I love Wimbledon!!!


0 Responses to “Its over!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3