2-In-1


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I got the opportunity to watch Mastectomy and Breast Reconstructive surgery today at the OTs today which means the patient is undergoing Breast and Plastic surgery at the same time. The op was really horrible but the humour supplied by Prof and the Plastic surgeon help numb it a little.

Basically the breast is taken out through two holes while the Plastic surgeon and her team remove a chunk of fat and a little bit of skin from the abdomen to replace the missing breast. I expected the entire chunk to be taken out of the body and then stuffed into one of the holes left by Prof but oh no...I was dead wrong. They actually create a small opening between the breast and abdomen cavity. They then proceed to make sure the chunk of fat still has its artery and vein connection before stuffing it through the miniscule opening! Oh my... I really thank God for Anaesthesia.

To make matters worse, the chunk of fat was a little too large so after stuffing and stuffing, we find that one side is 34C while the other is 34A!!! I nearly fainted...The patient is blissfully unaware of all the tugging and stuffing. I don't think she'll complain because after all, she gets a boob job and a free tummy tuck.


0 Responses to “2-In-1”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3