Riding Triple A on Cloud Nine


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I started my day very shakily today at the Operating Theatres. Due to waking up at 2 am for the Champion's League Final(my team lost to a better one), I just shoved down two pieces of bread before rushing to UMMC. Halfway through, my high-metabolism-body ran out of fuel and ya, I literally started seeing stars so to all aspiring surgeons, never leave home without the big B, BREAKFAST!

Thank God I managed to recover to witness a biopsy and after helping out for a mastectomy, the Doc said, "Hey, I think Prof Vijay is doing AAA in OT8, why don't you go have a look." Wow! I actually witnessed my first Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm surgery up close! I was in heaven! Basically, this guy's large abdominal artery which carries blood to lower limbs has a weak wall and instead of being nice, smooth and long all the way down, halfway, it has a balloon that can rupture anytime. In this case, the aneurysm/balloon was the size of an orange! To help with easing of stress in the OT especially when inserting a stent into the aneurysm, everyone relied on Paris Hilton's Stars are Blind. Cuteness!

Anyway, my heartiest congratulations to AC Milan and Jordin Sparks. I think both of you so deserve your victories!


0 Responses to “Riding Triple A on Cloud Nine”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3