UMMC Day 1


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I woke up at 630 am today and I'm still feeling the after effects of it. Scrambling through my stuff, I tried to locate my labcoat, pen torch etc...Come 730am, Mom dropped me off at a very nice Menara Utama of the hospital. After getting lost for a couple of minutes (this I attributed to the shock of finding Delifrance inside the hospital), I manage to find the surgical clinic but it took me another 5 minutes to get through the huge number of patients.

My goodness! I had no idea what was to befall me today. The patients just kept pouring in and I helped Prof. do breast examinations on them. By 10, I was tired and hungry and I've just been there 2 hours. I did initially find it weird when the Prof asked me to do the examinations and to tell her when there is a lump(s) but I soon got the rhythm of doing it and not thinking too much about it. Oh and she walks pretty fast so I got a good workout shadowing her as she dashed here and there between clinics.

All in all, I really learned tons today especially about breast diseases and managing them. It was really interesting seeing the procedures like FNACs and biopsies. I should have done this earlier! Plus, Prof is really such a down-to-earth person and I was half expecting her to be like Chief Weber of Grey's anatomy seeing that she is the Chief of surgery but I was pleasantly surprised. She is actually on sabbatical leave but she still goes to work because she knows her clinic will be kelam kabut without her.

The best thing she said to me today is "Oh please be at the Surgical Ward 7th floor tomorrow by 8. We're scrubbing in for surgeries." That was surreal...


0 Responses to “UMMC Day 1”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3