High Class Butchers


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



"Hmm...Why are you taking so long to finish the op? You've done this before. Ok, I think Suet May will help you. Nurse, get me a size 6 1/2 gloves."

Ok, the day before when Prof said we were scrubbing in for surgeries, all I really imagined was wearing the scrubs and looking... from afar. Instead, I found myself staring at this guy's ass which I initially thought were breasts but it was far too low to be breasts. I can't believe that I'll be taking part in the first surgery I'm seeing. Even though, it was just holding the clamps and cutting the sutures for the Master's student, it was very exciting albeit very frightening at the same time especially when blood suddenly squirts up when you least expect it too.

Right so after we finished the first op of the day, we had like 7 more so Prof had to step in to quicken up the pace if we were going to finish in time. Up next was a mastectomy (removing a whole breast) and I took a break so I didn't help. A House officer was there too and we chatted and she said something that stuck with me for the entire day. "Oh my gosh, just look at her. She's like a butcher!"

Then I looked at Prof and oh my she does look like a butcher, a high class one. She actually finished the mastec in 20 minutes and still managed to show us all components of the axilla namely the axillary vein, artery, brachial plexus, pec major, pec minor and serratus ant!

Now tell me, why are surgeons so glamorous again? I think we all need to view it as glamorous because in reality, it really isn't glamorous at all unless u think working in hideous scrubs and hair caps is considered glamour. Plus, you work in near freezing temperatures especially if you aren't assisting or operating because then, you won't have that extra surgical overall to conserve heat.

All that said and done, I still wanna become a high class butcher!


0 Responses to “High Class Butchers”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3