E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



STRESS

What's that stiffness in my neck?
Feel that lump come in my throat
Stomach dropping to my knees
Feel like I just missed the boat

Panic rising to my head
Heartbeat racing, breathing fast
Can I do it? Will I fail
How long will these feelings last?

Apprehension overwhelms
Nervous twitching, fingers curled
Tension headache, aching back
All these symptoms now unfurled

Now my body's overun
Hormones racing from my glands
Must release it, let it out
How to do it's in my hands

Lost our way of fight or flight
Stored up anger, unreleased
Words and shouting flung about
Now it's time that raging ceased

Relaxation, that's the key
Integration of the mind
Exercise, good food to eat
Leave those worries far behind

Hold that stress out at arm's length
Draw it, write it, let it go
Roll it in a little ball
Throw it out, release that woe

Find the tools you have inside
Make a choice to be serene
Welcome stress, become its friend
Don't put life in quarantine.

Copyright © Sharon K. 2000


1 Responses to “”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Fun facts:

    1) America (also frequently referred to as "Bob Jeep") was invented by Spanish surrealist Albert Einstein during Mardi Gras, in 1766

    2) The first moon landing was achieved by the 'Shaquille O'Neil', a space craft launched by the Roman Empire, in 567 B.C.

    3) trying to fill out a job application with a wet mop

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3