What Have I Been Up To...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The answer is utterly predictable, starts with an "S" and ends with holes in wallets. I don't know why but I just seem to be buying stuff all the time and its not shopping shopping, its more of stocking shopping. I shall explain the difference.

Shopping shopping is when a person is at ease with everything and is totally carefree. She most likely is living with her parents or guardian and has a certain amount of money that she has no hand in making but with which she can do anything with. Depending on the amount and preference, she is likely to indulge herself in whatever that pleases her eyes. When you're shopping shopping, you have to pay a price a.k.a. GUILT (or at least I do when I'm back home).

Now, stocking shopping is in essence, the same thing which is dishing out cash but with a different motive and desired end result. She most likely is living on her own and has to take care of her own meals, laundry, expenses, rent etc. Shopping now encompasses buying the most necessary items in order to prepare for say, a colder season, future pack-you-own lunches and cook-yourself-meals. The objective of shopping has changed from indulgence to survival. The price you pay is not guilt but HOMESICKNESS.

The price I'm paying now is 95% Homesickness and 5% Guilt. I'm sure you all can work it out from here ;)


0 Responses to “What Have I Been Up To...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3