One Week of Eenie Meenies


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My rotation at Liverpool Women's Hospital started off promising today. I woke up at 6.30 without an alarm clock, made my first packed lunch which consisted of a 3 tier wholemeal bread with butter and jam, a mini chocolate muffin, orange juice and an apple. Then I stepped out of my hall and was going to enjoy the 10 minute walk to class when warning bells sounded in my mind!

BBC weather forecast predicted today was supposed to be rainy! Darn it. I've got the wrong coat on, no umbrella and no hat and 5 minutes after realising this, it rained. Although back home in Malaysia, we would categorize it as a light shower instead of raining, I was pretty damp by the time I got there so after flashing my brightest smile to everybody, I coolly went to the toilet and dried myself.

When I was done and could finally face everybody again, I just realised I was inside one of the prettiest and cosiest hospitals ever! There are loads of nice sofas and designer chairs in our Blair Bell Education center where we can relax in between lectures, trying to soak in some sun through the glass roof and windows. The place feels more like a huge English Cafe instead of a hospital.

Liverpool Women's hospital is UK's biggest of its kind. They have 8200 deliveries per annum not including thousands of referrals that pour in all the time because all the expensive and high-tech baby machines are there. The consultants are really friendly and all we have to be slightly careful with are the midwives. We were told to make them a cup of tea sometimes to make our lives easier and its funny how the obstetricians still do that.

I had to sit through 3 lectures, do a neonatology (study of newborn babies < 6 months old) round with a consultant and sign up for 3 clinics. On top of that, I have to present a case this Friday and my poor patient is in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit! I seriously don't know what I'm going to do with the sudden flow of workload...


0 Responses to “One Week of Eenie Meenies”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3