A Heck of a Retreat!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





The 3 days I spent in Selesa Hillhomes will definitely be one of my holiday highlights. It wasn't a very nice place and by nice I mean nice toilets and nice rooms and clean floors but the crazy bunch of people I spent it with and the God I spent it for meant everything in the world to me.

We went through some familiar things such as prayer, quiet time, tombstone and evangelism but God really opened my eyes to different stuff each time. When it came to the tombstone, we were asked to choose a verse for it and I couldn't think of anything but:

Matthew 28:20 And surely, I am with you always to the very end of this age.

Just reading it gives me the courage to face and do what I am scared of doing especially when it came to evangelism in Bentong town. I had the privilege of meeting 3 strangers, chatting with them about life, their ambitions, mine included and even exchanged phone numbers! They actually said," Wow! You're very friendly for a Chinese." I didn't know if that was a compliment or not hmm...Anyway, that opened the door for me to share my personal testimony and I hope they were encouraged to start living for more! Amen!

Then there are the brand new things such as Bible dancing to some sexy song. Ps Victor is darn funny ha ha! I wish I videotaped the dance but was too busy shaking to the beat. We also taught the theory and practical of baptising which was awesome. Even though it was just role play, I genuinely felt so proud and happy whenever I say," I now baptise you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit...I welcome you [NAME] to the family of God!".

Tuesdays with Morrie was a whole new different thing. I've never got to watch the movie beginning to the end so I was ecstatic when Ps Lindy said we were gonna watch it for one night session. I tried unsuccessfully to suppress my tear ducts when I realised all the times, opportunities and people I took for granted so easily. Here is this man suffering from ALS, unable to wipe his own butt teaching us the most important thing in the world.

To live is to love and to love is to live. I also cried because I was reminded on how perfect and complete is God's love for us. I realise how easily I forget this because I live in a world where bad things happen to good people and I react by questioning how God can let such things happen. What I really needed to do was respond with love. While we sometimes cannot understand tragedies, we must do what we know, we can love. Love the people around us, love our community, love our country and pray that it catches on to others.

Matthew 28:20 And surely, I am with you always to the very end of this age.


0 Responses to “A Heck of a Retreat!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3