E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I got up real early today just to make it for CSU at 8 am. We learned how to use the ophthalmoscope to check if a patient's eye has retinal abnormalities. I was suppose to be able to make out the arteries and veins but the only thing I saw was a bright spot which turned out to be my friend's optic disc! However, I just couldn't see the arteries and the miniscule spot of light and even tinier hole I had to look through didn't help at all.

Performing the intramuscular injection was even funnier because our attention wasn't focused on the needle but the prosthetic butt lying on the table. We tried to resist the urge of acting like fools, prodding and feeling the 'butt' but failed. It is so soft and rubbery and just so nice to pinch!! Ha ha ha...Then it came down to serious business because the nurse explained that if we inject at the wrong site on a nerve, the patient may become paralysed. As usual, I giggled my way through and luckily, I got a nice nurse who didn't mind.

Breakfast upstairs was a real relief as my stomach was growling all the way but I soon fell sound asleep in the lecture hall during a lesson on epidemiology which was way too boring. Glenn laughed as he was usually the sleepy one and I was the "alert" one. Well, I couldn't be bothered and the next thing I know, Lee Yan, Yee Leng, Imelda, Denise and I were heading off to Sri Petaling for a really good lunch. Yum Yum!!

Hmm...Now it really sounds as if all I do is eat and sleep.


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3