The 'L' Word


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Have you ever felt like dumping everything you're doing at the moment and just flop over to the bed or ever wished time would stop running so you can unscramble your thoughts one at a time or how about breathing as a career?
Laziness..or rather its root word, lazy means resistant to work or exertion, disposed to idleness and indolence, slow moving, reclining or lying down according to Dictionary.com. Another site says its of German origin?? (WHAT?? only Germans are lazy??) No way! Laziness is universal..Come on, look at me! I've never been to Germany and yes, I'm lazy and I'm proud of my capability to be lazy or unproductive as my dad puts it.
Its a simple therapy to today's stress-filled environment. If people will just learn to be lazy once in awhile instead of concentrating on the stockmarket, building a fortune, the kids, your in-laws etc., we will have less cardiovascular diseases. Laziness is infused in resting, doing something slow-paced, refusing orders for once and its free! The very thing you may need to boost your health is free!!
Being lazy is the very essence of recharging yourself to face whatever you need to do with a renewed passion. I'm not against hardwork, definitely not but working like a robot 24/7 will only suck out the fun, the zeal and the reason why you're doing what you're doing. Take me for example, I've been stressed before exams and I didn't enjoy it one bit. Sometimes in the rush of things, I question my choice but now as I'm lazing around at home and thinking alot, I'll have to admit, I seriously enjoy being a medical student!Its cool!! (i'm still sane :))
One thing's for sure, laziness allows me to do more things I enjoy doing instead of just studying such as shopping, listening to music, watching movies, disturbing my sisters and hah! Blogging!! To my mum, I'm lazy because I'm not studying but surfing the web and in the process, luring my "hardworking" sisters into the realm of laziness. I try explaining to her that the reason she has a sane daughter is laziness but I tried!
I guess its just one of those things in life that you need only to explain to yourself and if people ask or scold as in the case of parents, you can try to enlighten them about it. In the mean time, if you ever reconsider spa treatments, scrape that idea and just stick to being lazy. Trust me, it works big time!


0 Responses to “The 'L' Word”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3