Homey Encounter


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is a continuation of the previous post. I just realised I left out one of the best parts of my trip. Here it is!

After shopping on the streets of Seoul, mom and I headed back to the waiting point and wah la! There was this huge Visit Malaysia 07 carnival. It was a huge hit! Lots and lots of Koreans stopped by to watch and savour some Malaysian food. The Pak Cik in the middle is the Malaysian Teh Tarik King 2002 to 2005. He was busy making teh tarik and roti canai for eager Koreans. I happen to be standing quite near and lots of people were asking questions in broken English so I decided to 'pat' and I helped Pak Cik to answer them.

Korean man: "Is this red tea?"
Me :"Er..." (quickly looks at Boh box, actually it looked more like maroon) "Yes! This
is red tea! Very nice! You want to try?"
Korean man: "Ok"..."Ooh very strong! But I like it! Are you Malaysian?"
Me : "Yup!"

After countless questions about roti canai and whether it was bread or not, I found myself helping with pouring of more "red tea" and making roti canai while Pak Cik had a break. My "Malaysian Bread" looked quite pathetic actually but after chopping it up, you wouldn't know the difference ha ha. Hopefully none of my customers got cirit birit.


0 Responses to “Homey Encounter”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

I Read These Too

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3